You made it possible
If you are a prayer warrior who has been praying for Concerned Christians Canada (CCC) or you have financially supported our organization, we would like to take this opportunity to update you on what your support has enabled us to do.
Over the last year we have:
- Connected with politicians at all three levels of government and have promoted religious freedom, have drawn attention to Christian persecution, have discussed and promoted pro-life issues, and have encouraged them to rule with righteousness
- We have been involved in making policy proposals to government regarding the proper treatment of the homeless, we also outlined both cost saving, streamlining and accountability measures that needed to be put in place in the homeless shelter system
- We spearheaded and co-ordinated the third annual Night on the Street for the Poor at the steps of Calgary's City Hall which was well attended by those in need
- We have played a supportive role in political campaigns, providing volunteer support, expertise, and counsel to political candidates
- We have connected in with individuals and organizations in the homeschooling industry both listening to concerns and presenting solutions to problems being faced.
- We have been involved in supporting and assisting both individuals and organizations stand for Christian rights and to stand against Christian persecution in Canada
- We have assisted individuals in their efforts to become Canadian immigrant workers
- We have assisted in the filing of Human Rights Complaints in an effort to put on display not only the discrimination that is happening against Christians in our society but also to demonstrate the bias of the Human Rights Commissions in not acknowledging valid cases of discrimination against Christians
- We were approached by the Canadian Human Rights Museum and were asked to appear at their round table sessions which we did. During those sessions we detailed various cases of discrimination against Christians and also spoke against the liberal agenda that motivates the museum such as their desire to promote abortion, along with extreme feminism, to promote the marginalization of Christians and of traditional roles of men and women, to promote an altered view of Canadian history through a slanted liberal viewpoint, etc
- We have been involved in providing Christian counsel to troubled couples with a goal and a focus to reground them in Christ and to promote Biblical living in their marriage and conduct to one another
- We have also been heavily involved in ministering to youth with the truths from scripture, both reaching them in their time of need with love and sharing the living word with them to help bring them into right relationship with Christ
- We acted in concert with other Christians to spearhead and organize and run the March for Jesus which thousands of people enjoyed this year
- We spent several months of dedicated time both promoting the march through various venues and organizing and co-coordinating many aspects of the march
- We also promoted the march through many personal visits to churches with banners and handouts and had many one-on-one conversations about what the March for Jesus was meant to be (uniting the body of Christ in proclaiming the name of Jesus Christ over our city, province and our nation, united by the Holy Spirit and a sincere love for one another
- CCC also created several resources for the March for Jesus including:
- creating a dedicated March for Jesus website (www.marchforjesus.ca)
- designing posters, T-shirts, graphics, balloons, social networking pages (facebook, twitter, linkedin, myspace, etc) used for promoting the march
- CCC attended YC in Edmonton to both promote the March for Jesus and to minister to youth
- Our National Chairman also recently spoke directly with Prime Minister Stephen Harper regarding defunding abortion support abroad and congratulated the PM on his move to, for the first time in thirty years, opt for supporting the unborn child's right to life
- CCC has been able to get our food for families program off the ground this year and has begun to provide fresh garden vegetables to low income families
- CCC has also been successfully running its CCAMS project which locates and distributes resources to those in need, for the second year in a row
- CCC has spearheaded a program geared at mentoring youth in impacting politics with their Christian worldview and is looking at launching a website dedicated to connecting with Canadian youth over the Internet and giving them an outlet for both their creativity and their ideas relating to moral issues
- CCC has been involved in standing in the way of unjust laws in the form of appearing before committees and speaking in favor of the protection of our rights to freedom of religion, expression, and freedom of association
- CCC is also working on a working farm proposal which we will release to our website when it has been fully put together
As you can see this past year has been a very busy one and we are looking forward to increasing our reach as time goes forward. If you have supported us prayerfully in the past, please keep praying for us, your prayers are truly appreciated. If not, please consider adding us to your prayer sheet. If you have helped us financially in the past, you truly have helped us in our effort to fulfill our slogan of Praying, Acting, Making a Difference! Although our faith is in God to provide, He uses people like yourself to pay the bills that keep rolling in. Thank you for your faithfulness in giving.
If you have not supported us financially in the past, please know that your support would truly be appreciated. We have many commitments to fulfill financially, and many campaigns and programs that we desire to not only keep running but to keep improving on, and that requires funds.
For example, we would like to put together a full system for running the CCAMS project online that would allow the streamlining of locating and tracking resources and people who need them and co-coordinating volunteers in the process of fulfilling those needs.
We would also like to get that website for Christian Youth (youngchristians.ca) up and running to mentor youth in being politically active and to give them an outlet for their creativity as mentioned before.
There are also some campaigns that we would like to run across the country, including pro-life and homelessness and poverty.
As stated before, our desire is to broaden our reach and to fulfill the mandate of Christ, to preach the gospel to all creation and to be salt and light in all the world.
To donate to CCC, you can either sign up for an annual membership here or you can fill in the Contribute to CCC donation panel on the left near the top of the page and click PayPal donate.
Either way, there are some immediate needs that your funds would help us fulfill.
God bless you in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,
Concerned Christians Canada
Praying, Acting, Making a Difference!