Why Do You Continue to Proclaim the Sabbath is Dead?
"it shall be from new moon to new moon And from sabbath to sabbath, All mankind will come to bow down before Me", says the Lord …
Why do you keep believing that the Sabbath has been done away with? The Bible makes it clear that in the new heavens and the new earth all mankind will go up before the Lord from Sabbath to Sabbath and from new moon to new moon to worship Him.
So you want to tell me that the Sabbath has been done away with even though:
- God instituted it at creation (Genesis 2:2-3),
- reminded us to remember it and to keep it holy at Sinai (Exodus 20:8-11),
- spoke through the prophet Isaiah that Sabbaths and new moon feasts will continued to be honored by all mankind in the new heavens and in the new earth (Isaiah 66:22-23),
- the Lord affirmed that God made the Sabbath for all mankind during his ministry (Mark 2:27),
- the Lord called Himself Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28),
- the Lord told us that the Sabbath actually belongs to Him (Exodus 20:10),
- the women rested according to the commandment after the crucifixion (Luke 23:56),
- distances in the Bible were still measured using Sabbath terms after the resurrection (Acts 1:12),
- the Lord told us to pray that our "flight" would not be in winter or on a Sabbath day (Matthew 24:20)
By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.
Genesis 2:2-3 NASB
"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.
Exodus 20:8-11 NASB
"For just as the new heavens and the new earth Which I make will endure before Me," declares the Lord , "So your offspring and your name will endure. "And it shall be from new moon to new moon And from sabbath to sabbath, All mankind will come to bow down before Me," says the Lord .
Is 66:22-23 NASB
Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."
Mark 2:27-28 NASB
Then they returned and prepared spices and perfumes. And on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment.
Luke 23:56 NASB
Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away.
Acts 1:12 NASB
But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath.
Matthew 24:20 NASB